Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blog Post 10

books and a computer mouse

When I watched the video Do you Teach or Do you Educate? I was empowered to be an educator rather than a teacher because I look forward to helping my students become better learners and people. In my journey to become an educator I have learned from so many different educators. Some more focused on just teaching the material and others are passionate about the subject and the students and how they are learning and feeling.
Students need a leader who wants them to become a better learner overall and someone to lead them in the right path. I personally hope that when I get a job as a teacher I can educate my students in the proper way and help them on their path.

When I read the post Dont Let Them Take Pencils Home I immediately began reading the comments to see who got the post and who didn't. I personally loved the post and the emphasis on trying to solve a problem instead of just pointing out the negatives of the issue. I'm a person who enjoys to be a problem solver and I'm hoping to take that with me while I begin my education career.

No comments:

Post a Comment